Ford Flex2009-13 models
|2013 Ford Flex|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Ford Flex was introduced in the 2009 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Ford as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Inflatable seat belts (optional beginning with 2013 models in second row outboard seats)
- Electronic stability control; includes roll stability control to minimize the possibility of rollover
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Ford Flex Limited 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,773 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 118 in.
- Length: 202 in.
- Width: 80 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 22 mpg highway