Suzuki Grand Vitara2006-13 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Suzuki Grand Vitara was redesigned for the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head approached but did not hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- The dummy's head came very close to the B-pillar during rebound but did not hit it.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2009 models)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,710 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted side torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 176 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 21 mpg highway