Acura TSX sedan2009-13 models
results also apply to: 2011-13 Acura TSX Sport Wagon
|2013 Acura TSX|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Acura TSX was redesigned for the 2009 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Honda as part of frontal crash test verification.
The frontal crash test ratings also apply to the station wagon version of the TSX, known as the TSX Sport Wagon, beginning with 2011 models.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. The driver side curtain airbag deployed during the crash.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Acura TSX 4-door
- Class: Midsize luxury/near luxury car
- Weight: 3,364 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted side torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 186 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 21 mpg city | 30 mpg highway