Jeep Patriot2014 models
|2013-14 Jeep Patriot|
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Patriot was introduced in the 2007 model year. Seat-mounted torso airbags for front seat occupants became standard in 2014 models (they had been optional in earlier models). Front and rear side curtain airbags were standard in all model years.
The side impact crash test ratings also apply to Jeep Compass, a vehicle similar to the Patriot but with a different roofline, beginning with 2007 models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that loading to the shoulder was excessive. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof and a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag (side torso airbag is hidden behind the curtain airbag).
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard in 2014 models, optional in 2007-13 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,393 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and optional front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 21 mpg city | 24 mpg highway