Jeep Patriot2007-14 models
|2013-14 Jeep Patriot|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Patriot was introduced in the 2007 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that head injuries would be possible. Head accelerations from the roof rail and B-pillar hits were low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard in 2014 models, optional in 2007-13 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,415 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 21 mpg city | 24 mpg highway