Jeep Wrangler 2-door2007-13 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITHOUT OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Wrangler was redesigned for the 2007 model year.
During the crash, the driver door opened. This opening didn't significantly affect dummy movement during the test but shouldn't happen because, in some crashes, it could allow partial or complete occupant ejection, especially if the occupant is unbelted. This door opening resulted in a structure rating downgrade from good to acceptable.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — Although the intruding barrier did not hit the dummy's head in this test, the head was not protected from contacts outside the vehicle. This indicates that only slightly different crash circumstances could produce a direct hit to a person's head.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the diagonal steel tube supporting the convertible top. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test, showing the open driver door.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing damage to the occupant compartment.
- Although the dummy's head was not hit by the barrier, shattering glass from the side window left deep gouges on the top of the head.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the diagonal steel tube supporting the convertible top.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2-door 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 4,015 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 95 in.
- Length: 164 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 19 mpg highway