Buick LaCrosse2008-09 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Buick LaCrosse was introduced in the 2005 model year as a replacement for both the Buick Century and Regal. Beginning with 2008 models, side curtain airbags were made standard for retail and fleet buyers (they had been optional in all 2005 models and in 2006-07 models originally sold to fleets).
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be possible, and loading to the shoulder was excessive.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Buick LaCrosse CX 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,505 lbs.
- Side airbags: optional front and rear side curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 110 in.
- Length: 198 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 30 mpg highway