Jeep Grand Cherokee2007-10 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Grand Cherokee was redesigned for the 2005 model year. Beginning with 2007 models, side airbags were made standard (they were optional in 2005-06 models).
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in 2007-10 models, optional in 2005-06 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover (2006-10 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard on 2006-10 models, optional on 2005 4wd models); includes roll stability control on 2006-10 models to minimize the possibility of rollover
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,572 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 110 in.
- Length: 187 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 21 mpg highway