Pontiac G6 convertible2008-09 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Pontiac G6 convertible was introduced in the 2006 model year. Beginning with 2007 models manufactured after January 2007, the reinforcement beam in each door was modified to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door). Beginning with 2008 models, side airbags were made standard (they had been optional in 2006-07 models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that serious neck injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. Serious skull fracture and/or brain injuries as well as a fracture of the pelvis also would be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the window sill and the side torso airbag, producing high head and neck injury measures.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint (excluding the painted yellow lines) shows where the driver dummy's head was hit by the window sill and side airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was hit by the interior side trim.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2008 models, optional in 2006-07 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2008 models, optional on 2006-07 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Pontiac G6 GT convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,874 lbs.
- Side airbags: optional front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 189 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 28 mpg highway