Dodge Grand Caravan2008-13 models
results also apply to: 2008-13 Chrysler Town & Country | 2009-12 Volkswagen Routan
|2013 Dodge Grand Caravan|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town and Country were redesigned for the 2008 model year, and the Volkswagen Routan was introduced in the 2009 model year and discontinued after the 2012 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail/B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats (standard in all models) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2011 models)
- Built-in child restraints (optional)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (standard on Routan, optional on Grand Caravan and Town and Country fleet vehicles only)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT
- Class: Minivan
- Weight: 4,456 lbs.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats
- Wheelbase: 121 in.
- Length: 203 in.
- Width: 77 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 16 mpg city | 23 mpg highway