Dodge Dakota crew cab2005-11 models
results also apply to: 2006-09 Mitsubishi Raider crew cab
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Dakota was redesigned for the 2005 model year and discontinued after the 2011 model year. The Mitsubishi Raider was introduced in the 2006 model year and discontinued after the 2009 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was negligible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was negligible.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in 2011 models, optional in 2005-10 models)
- Antilock brakes (optional); rear-wheel antilock brakes standard
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Dodge Dakota SLT (2wd Crew Cab)
- Class: Small pickup
- Weight: 4,370 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 131 in.
- Length: 219 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 20 mpg highway