Subaru Forester2009-13 models
|2013 Subaru Forester|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Subaru Forester was redesigned for the 2009 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Subaru as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5X 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,296 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted side torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 103 in.
- Length: 180 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 26 mpg highway