Hummer H32006-10 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Hummer H3 was introduced in the 2006 model year and discontinued after the 2010 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head contacted the side curtain airbag, which had deployed during the crash.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be likely.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head brushed the side curtain airbag during rebound.
- Forces on the lower right leg were high enough to indicate the likelihood of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in 2008-10 models, optional in 2006-07 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control; roll stability control added beginning with 2008 models
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Hummer H3 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,855 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 14 mpg city | 18 mpg highway