Mitsubishi Endeavor2007-11 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mitsubishi Endeavor was introduced in the 2004 model year. Front and rear head curtain airbags were added beginning with 2007 models to the front seat-mounted torso airbags available in earlier models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag (shown after dummy was removed from vehicle).
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2007 4-wheel-drive models and all 2008 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,103 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 191 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 19 mpg highway