Jeep Liberty2008-12 models
results also apply to: 2007-11 Dodge Nitro
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Liberty was redesigned for the 2008 model year. The Dodge Nitro was introduced in the 2007 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,334 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 177 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 21 mpg highway