Jeep Liberty2008-12 models
results also apply to: 2007-11 Dodge Nitro
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Liberty was redesigned for the 2008 model year. The Dodge Nitro was introduced in the 2007 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the frontal airbag, its head contacted the side curtain airbag, which had deployed during the crash.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left knee and tibia indicate that injuries to the knee and lower leg would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head brushed the dislodged headliner above the side curtain airbag during rebound. The head also contacted the airbag and head restraint.
- Forces on the knee and lower left leg were high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,319 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 177 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 21 mpg highway