Jeep Wrangler 4-door2007-13 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Wrangler was redesigned for the 2007 model year, and a larger, heavier 4-door model was added for the first time.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- Forces on the lower right leg were just high enough to indicate the possibility of injury.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4-door 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,370 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 116 in.
- Length: 183 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.8 L V6
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 19 mpg highway