Chevrolet TrailBlazer2005-07 models
results also apply to: 2005-07 Buick Rainier | 2005-07 GMC Envoy | 2005-07 Isuzu Ascender
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer was introduced in the 2002 model year, and the GMC Envoy was redesigned the same year. The Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender (5-passenger) were introduced in the 2004 model year.
Beginning with 2005 models, front and rear side head curtain airbags became available as options. The Saab 9-7X was introduced late in the 2005 model year with standard head curtain airbags. The Buick Rainier was discontinued after the 2007 model year. Beginning with the 2008 model year, side airbags were made standard on all remaining models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. Serious neck injuries would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in Saab 9-7X models, optional in all other models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control (beginning with 2005 Saab 9-7X models and all 2006 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,614 lbs.
- Side airbags: optional front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 113 in.
- Length: 192 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Engine: 4.2 L 6-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 21 mpg highway