Jeep Grand Cherokee2005-10 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Jeep Grand Cherokee was redesigned for the 2005 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail and B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.
- Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the roof rail and during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in 2007-10 models, optional in 2005-06 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover (2006-10 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard on 2006-10 models, optional on 2005 4wd models); includes roll stability control on 2006-10 models to minimize the possibility of rollover
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,539 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 110 in.
- Length: 187 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.7 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 21 mpg highway