Chevrolet TrailBlazer2005-09 models
results also apply to: 2005-07 Buick Rainier | 2005-09 GMC Envoy | 2005-08 Isuzu Ascender | 2005-09 Saab 9-7X
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer was introduced in the 2002 model year, and the GMC Envoy was redesigned the same year. The Buick Rainier and Isuzu Ascender (5-passenger) were introduced in the 2004 model year.
Beginning with 2005 models, structural, frontal airbag, and seat belt changes were made to improve occupant protection in frontal crashes. The Saab 9-7X was introduced late in the 2005 model year, the Buick Rainier was discontinued after the 2007 model year, and the Isuzu Ascender was discontinued after the 2008 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the B-pillar.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the B-pillar hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained reasonably well.
- Smeared pink greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit the B-pillar. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Forces on the lower right leg were high enough to indicate the possibility of injuries.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard in all Saab 9-7X models and beginning with all other 2008 models, optional in all other 2005-07 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control (beginning with 2005 Saab 9-7X models and all 2006 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,641 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 113 in.
- Length: 192 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Engine: 4.2 L 6-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 21 mpg highway