Cadillac STS2007-11 models built after August 2006
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Cadillac STS was introduced in the 2005 model year as a replacement for the Seville. Beginning with 2007 models built after August 2006, the B-pillars were reinforced and the front door trim panels and side torso airbags were changed to improve occupant protection in side-impact crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door). The tested car was manufactured after the modifications had been made.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. Rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof and a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbags.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Cadillac STS 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,920 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 116 in.
- Length: 196 in.
- Width: 73 in.
- Engine: 3.6 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 27 mpg highway