Chrysler 200 convertible2011-13 models
results also apply to: 2008-10 Chrysler Sebring convertible
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chrysler Sebring convertible was redesigned for the 2008 model year. The car was restyled for the 2011 model year and renamed the Chrysler 200.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was hit by the interior side trim.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2011 models, optional on 2007-10 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional on fleet vehicles only)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2008 Chrysler Sebring convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,770 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 109 in.
- Length: 194 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 29 mpg highway