Hyundai Santa Fe2007-12 models built after March 2007
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Hyundai Santa Fe was redesigned for the 2007 model year. Beginning with 2007 models built after March 2007, minor design changes were made to the side curtain airbags to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat. The side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof enhances head protection in side crashes especially for taller occupants.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Side curtain airbags like the one in Santa Fe are an important side impact crashworthiness feature.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover (beginning with 2010 models)
- Electronic stability control, and beginning with 2010 models, includes roll stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe SE 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,176 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 184 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.3 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 24 mpg highway