Audi A4 Cabriolet2003-09 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Audi A4 Cabriolet was redesigned for the 2003 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A left femur fracture would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbag, pop-up rollover bars, and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared yellow, red, and green greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was hit by the interior side trim.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes (beginning with 2007 models)
- Rollover protection system (pop-up bars behind the rear seats)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.0T convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,825 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 180 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 32 mpg highway