Pontiac G6 convertible2006-09 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Pontiac G6 convertible was introduced in the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was not well controlled. During the crash, the driver seat came loose on one of its tracks and moved forward 4 inches on the left side. The dummy's head slid around the left side of the airbag and hit the instrument panel.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that lower leg injuries would be possible. Head acceleration from the instrument panel hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- Although intrusion measurements taken after the crash test indicate that the occupant compartment remained largely intact, the driver's survival space was compromised because of the forward seat movement.
- Smeared greasepaint on the instrument panel indicates where the dummy's head hit it.
- Forces on the lower right leg were high enough to indicate the possibilty of injuries.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2008 models, optional in 2006-07 models)
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2008 models, optional on 2006-07 models)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Pontiac G6 GT convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,847 lbs.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 189 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 28 mpg highway