Volkswagen Eos2007-13 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Volkswagen Eos was introduced in the 2007 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbag, pop-up rollover bars, and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared yellow and red greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was hit by the interior side trim.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Rollover protection system (pop-up bars behind the rear seats)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Volkswagen Eos 2.0T convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,549 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 23 mpg city | 31 mpg highway