Toyota Camry Solara convertible2004-08 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Toyota Camry Solara was redesigned for the 2004 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and a fracture of the pelvis would be possible in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the window sill and the side torso airbag. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the interior side trim. This impact did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with door removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was hit by the window sill and side airbag.
- Smeared yellow greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was hit by the interior side trim.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2005 models, optional on 2004 models)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Toyota Camry Solara SLE convertible
- Class: Midsize convertible
- Weight: 3,589 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 193 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 3.3 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 29 mpg highway