Lexus LS2007-13 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus LS was redesigned for the 2007 model year and renamed the LS 460 because the engine size was increased. A hybrid-electric version of the LS, known as the LS 600h L, was introduced in the 2008 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Lexus as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Lexus LS 460 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 4,321 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 117 in.
- Length: 198 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 4.6 L V8
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 27 mpg highway