Nissan Versa hatchback2007-10 models built after November 2006
results also apply to: 2007-10 Nissan Versa sedan
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Versa was introduced in the 2007 model year, first as a hatchback and then as a sedan. Beginning with 2007 hatchback models manufactured after November 2006, changes were made to the side torso and side curtain airbags to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door).
The tested hatchback was manufactured after the modifications had been made. All 2007-10 Versa sedans have the modified side airbags.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and a fracture of the pelvis would be possible in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy’s head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control (optional on 2010 models)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4-door
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 2,718 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 169 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.8 L 4-cylinder (with manual transmission)
- EPA ratings: 30 mpg city | 34 mpg highway