Scion xB2004-06 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST NO SIDE AIRBAGS AVAILABLE
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Scion xB was introduced in the 2004 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate serious skull fracture and/or brain injuries plus serious neck injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be likely, and rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier, producing high head injury measures.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit mainly by the window glass of the rear passenger door. The head was also hit by the window frame and the pillar behind the door. These impacts did not produce high head injury measures, but the head protection is inadequate.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the damage to the occupant compartment.
- A prominent dent and embedded glass fragments indicate where the driver dummy's head hit the barrier.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the window glass of the rear passenger door.
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Scion xB wagon
- Class: Minicar
- Weight: 2,425 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 98 in.
- Length: 155 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.5 L 4-cylinder (with manual transmission)
- EPA ratings: 30 mpg city | 33 mpg highway