Toyota Yaris sedan2007-12 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Toyota Yaris was introduced in the 2007 model year. The frontal ratings also apply to the 4-door hatchback (5-door) version of the Yaris, beginning with 2009 models, when it was introduced, through the 2011 models.
The ratings do NOT apply to the hatchback beginning with 2012 models, when it was redesigned. Beginning with 2012 models, the sedan is available new only to fleets.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy’s head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and both legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the dummy's head when it hit the steering wheel through the airbag indicate that head injuries would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- The bent steering wheel is evidence of a hard hit of the dummy's head through the airbag during the crash.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags with front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2009 models, optional in 2007-08 models)
- Electronic stability control (beginning with 2010 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2009 models, optional on 2007-08 models)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Toyota Yaris 4-door
- Class: Minicar
- Weight: 2,377 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 100 in.
- Length: 169 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.5 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 34 mpg city | 39 mpg highway