Mercedes E class 4-door2007-09 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mercedes E class was re-engineered for the 2007 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Mercedes as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags, front seat-mounted torso airbags, and rear door-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Automatically adjusting head restraints in front seats move up or down as seats are adjusted forward or rearward
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Mercedes-Benz E 550 4-door
- Class: Large luxury car
- Weight: 3,902 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted and rear door-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 112 in.
- Length: 191 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 5.5 L V8
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 23 mpg highway