Chevrolet Aveo2007-11 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chevrolet Aveo was introduced in the 2004 model year as a 4-door sedan and 4-door wagon. The sedan was redesigned for the 2007 model year and tested by the Institute. (These ratings apply only to the sedan beginning with 2007 models.)
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier. This hit did not produce high head injury measures, but head impacts with intruding objects such as other vehicles, trees, and poles should be prevented.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the window sill and window frame of the rear passenger door and the pillar behind the door. The head was also hit by the intruding barrier (not shown).
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4-door
- Class: Minicar
- Weight: 2,549 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 98 in.
- Length: 170 in.
- Width: 67 in.
- Engine: 1.6 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 26 mpg city | 34 mpg highway