Honda Pilot2006-08 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Honda Pilot was introduced in the 2003 model year. Beginning with 2006 models, side head curtain airbags became standard for all three rows of seats, in addition to the front seat-mounted torso airbags that were standard in all 2003 and later models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Honda Pilot LX 4wd
- Class: Midsize SUV
- Weight: 4,396 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 76 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 17 mpg city | 22 mpg highway