Dodge Caliber2007-12 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH STANDARD BUT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Caliber was introduced in the 2007 model year as a replacement for the Dodge Neon.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. In addition, loading to the shoulder was excessive.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2012 models, optional on 2007-11 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2011 models, optional on 2007-10 models)
- Daytime running lights (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Dodge Caliber SE wagon
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,078 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 26 mpg city | 30 mpg highway