Toyota Camry2007-11 models
results also apply to: 2007-12 Lexus ES 350
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Toyota Camry was redesigned for the 2007 model year. The Camry was redesigned again for the 2012 model year, so these ratings do not apply to 2012 models.
The side impact crash test ratings also apply to the Lexus ES 350, the midsize luxury/near luxury version of the Camry, beginning with 2007 models and continuing through the 2012 models, which were not redesigned.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard on Camry and ES 350); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional on ES 350)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control (standard on 2010-11 and optional on 2007-09 Camry models, standard on ES 350)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Toyota Camry LE 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,272 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 109 in.
- Length: 189 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 33 mpg highway