Dodge Caliber2007-12 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Caliber was introduced in the 2007 model year as a replacement for the Dodge Neon.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit only the head restraint, as indicated by smeared greasepaint.
- The Caliber features an airbag that deploys from the knee bolster underneath the steering wheel. The dummy's knees and shins hit this airbag as indicated by smeared greasepaint, and all leg and foot injury measures were low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (standard) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control (standard beginning with 2012 models, optional on 2007-11 models)
- Antilock brakes (standard beginning with 2011 models, optional on 2007-10 models)
- Daytime running lights (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Dodge Caliber SE wagon
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,073 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags
- Wheelbase: 104 in.
- Length: 174 in.
- Width: 69 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 26 mpg city | 30 mpg highway