Chrysler 3002005-09 models
results also apply to: 2006-09 Dodge Charger
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITHOUT OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Chrysler 300 was introduced in the 2005 model year, and the Dodge Charger was introduced in the 2006 model year.
Two tests of a 2006 model 300 were conducted, one with an optional side curtain airbag for the driver and rear passenger, and one without. These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structural ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests.
Beginning with 2008 models, optional side airbags designed to protect drivers' and front passengers' torsos were added to the optional side curtain airbags previously available; therefore the earlier test ratings with optional side airbags no longer apply to 2008 and later models.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would be likely in a crash of this severity. A fracture of the pelvis would also be likely, and loading to the shoulder was excessive.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier. This hit did not produce high head injury measures, but head impacts with intruding objects such as other vehicles, trees, and poles should be prevented.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door. This pillar is required by federal standard to provide some protection for occupants' heads.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the damage to the occupant compartment.
- Smeared greasepaint and scrape marks indicate where the driver dummy's head hit the barrier.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional) with front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional beginning with 2008 models)
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4-door
- Class: Large family car
- Weight: 3,739 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 120 in.
- Length: 197 in.
- Width: 74 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 19 mpg city | 27 mpg highway