Toyota RAV42006-12 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Toyota RAV4 was redesigned and enlarged for the 2006 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Toyota as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck, chest, and legs indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that head injuries would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
- Side airbags: front and second row head curtain airbags with front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2007 models, optional in 2006 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags, if equipped, in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights (optional)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4wd
- Class: Small SUV
- Weight: 3,569 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 105 in.
- Length: 181 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 23 mpg city | 28 mpg highway