Toyota Camry2007-11 models
results also apply to: 2007-12 Lexus ES 350
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Toyota Camry was redesigned for the 2007 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Toyota as part of frontal crash test verification. The Camry was redesigned again for the 2012 model year, so these ratings do not apply to 2012 models.
The frontal offset crash test ratings also apply to the Lexus ES 350, the midsize luxury/near luxury version of the Camry, beginning with 2007 models and continuing through the 2012 models, which were not redesigned.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard on Camry and ES 350); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional on ES 350)
- Driver knee airbag: a separate airbag in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control (standard on 2010-11 and optional on 2007-09 Camry models, standard on ES 350)
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2007 Toyota Camry LE 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,303 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 109 in.
- Length: 189 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.4 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 33 mpg highway