Dodge Ram 15002006-08 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Dodge Ram 1500 was re-engineered for the 2006 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by DaimlerChrysler as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. After the dummy moved forward into the airbag, it rebounded into the seat without its head coming close to any stiff structure that could cause injury.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the left foot indicate that injuries to the foot would be possible.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control (optional beginning with 2007 models)
- Antilock brakes (optional); rear-wheel antilock brakes standard
- Daytime running lights (optional on fleet vehicles only)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (2wd Quad Cab)
- Class: Large pickup
- Weight: 5,214 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 140 in.
- Length: 228 in.
- Width: 80 in.
- Engine: 5.7 L V8
- EPA ratings: 15 mpg city | 19 mpg highway