Mercedes M class2006-11 models
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Mercedes M class was redesigned for the 2006 model year. Frontal ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Mercedes as part of frontal crash test verification.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy's head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front and rear seat-mounted torso airbags (rear torso airbags standard beginning with 2007 models, optional in 2006 models)
- Rollover sensor: designed to deploy the side curtain airbags in the event of an impending rollover
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Programmable daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Mercedes ML 500 4wd
- Class: Midsize luxury SUV
- Weight: 4,817 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 115 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 75 in.
- Engine: 5.0 L V8
- EPA ratings: 14 mpg city | 19 mpg highway