Subaru Impreza2006-07 models
results also apply to: 2006 Saab 9-2X
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Subaru Impreza was redesigned for the 2002 model year. Side airbags designed to protect drivers' and front passengers' heads and torsos became standard beginning with 2006 models (optional in 2004-05 models). The Saab 9-2X was introduced in the 2005 model year, equipped with standard side airbags using the same design as in the Impreza. The 9-2X was discontinued after the 2006 model year.
Beginning with 2006 Impreza and 9-2X models, a reinforcement was added to the the pillar behind each rear passenger door to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.
The side impact crash test ratings also apply to the station wagon version of the Impreza, beginning with 2006 models. The 9-2X was available only as a wagon.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door. This pillar is required by federal standard to provide some protection for occupants' heads.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4-door 4wd
- Class: Small car
- Weight: 3,051 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 99 in.
- Length: 176 in.
- Width: 68 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 23 mpg city | 28 mpg highway