Ford Fusion2006 models
results also apply to: 2006 Mercury Milan
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITHOUT OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan were introduced in the 2006 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries plus a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. Serious head and neck injuries also would be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was hit by the intruding barrier. This hit produced moderately high head injury measures, and head hits with intruding objects such as other vehicles, trees, and poles should be prevented.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door. This pillar is required by federal standard to provide some protection for occupants' heads.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head being hit by the intruding barrier.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the pillar behind the rear passenger door.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags with front seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights (optional on vehicles sold to fleets)
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Ford Fusion SE 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,378 lbs.
- Side airbags: none
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.0 L V6
- EPA ratings: 21 mpg city | 29 mpg highway