Lexus IS 250/3502006-13 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Lexus IS was redesigned for the 2006 model year. There are two models, the IS 250 and IS 350, depending on engine size.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Driver and front passenger knee airbags: separate airbags in the lower instrument panel designed to minimize knee injuries in frontal crashes
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Lexus IS 250 4-door
- Class: Midsize luxury/near luxury car
- Weight: 3,488 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 108 in.
- Length: 180 in.
- Width: 71 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 32 mpg highway