Volkswagen Passat2006-10 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH STANDARD BUT WITHOUT ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Volkswagen Passat was redesigned for the 2006 model year and discontinued after the 2010 model year. The side impact crash test ratings also apply to 2007-10 models of the station wagon version of the Passat.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,417 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 22 mpg city | 31 mpg highway