Audi A32006-13 models
|2013 Audi A3|
MODERATE OVERLAP FRONT TEST
|Structure/safety cage||Injury measures||Restraints/dummy kinematics|
|Head/neck||Chest||Leg/foot, left||Leg/foot, right|
Important: Frontal crash test ratings can be compared only among vehicles of similar weight.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Audi A3 was introduced in the 2006 model year.
Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy’s head hit the roof rail.
Injury measures — Measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that lower leg injuries would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.
Left to right:
- Action shot taken during the frontal offset crash test.
- The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained well.
- Smeared greasepaint above the dummy's head indicates where the head hit the roof rail during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.
- Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal (shown with carpeting removed).
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard); rear seat-mounted torso airbags (optional)
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Audi A3 2.0T wagon
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,241 lbs.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 102 in.
- Length: 169 in.
- Width: 70 in.
- Engine: 2.0 L turbocharged 4-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 24 mpg city | 32 mpg highway