Nissan Quest2006-07 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST WITH STANDARD AND ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL SIDE AIRBAGS
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Nissan Quest was redesigned for the 2004 model year. Beginning with 2006 models, changes were made to the side curtain airbags to improve occupant protection in side impact crashes.
Two tests of the Quest were conducted, one with an optional side torso airbag for the driver, and one without (side curtain airbags are standard for all three rows of seats). These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structural ratings and rear passenger injury and head protection ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests.
Beginning with the 2008 models, the side torso airbags for the driver and front passenger were made standard.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummies in the two tests, taken together, indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — In both tests, the dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats (standard) and front seat-mounted torso airbags (standard beginning with 2008 models, optional in 2004-07 models)
- Electronic stability control (optional)
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Nissan Quest 3.5SL
- Class: Minivan
- Weight: 4,376 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard head curtain airbags for all three rows of seats and optional front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 124 in.
- Length: 204 in.
- Width: 78 in.
- Engine: 3.5 L V6
- EPA ratings: 18 mpg city | 25 mpg highway