Hyundai Sonata2006-10 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Hyundai Sonata was redesigned for the 2006 model year.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. Rib fractures and/or internal organ injuries would also be possible.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate a low risk of any significant injuries in a crash of this severity.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Rear passenger — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side curtain airbag that deployed from the roof.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbags and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side curtain airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy’s head was protected by the side airbag.
- Side airbags: front and rear head curtain airbags and front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Antilock brakes
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-door
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,541 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 107 in.
- Length: 190 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 3.3 L V6
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 30 mpg highway