Suzuki Verona2005-06 models
SIDE IMPACT TEST
|Injury measures||Head protection||Structure/safety cage|
Important: Side impact crash test ratings can be compared across vehicle type and weight categories.
Good Acceptable Marginal Poor
The Suzuki Verona was introduced in the 2004 model year and discontinued after the 2006 model year. Seat-mounted side airbags designed to protect drivers' and front passengers' heads and torsos were made standard in 2005-06 models. (In 2004 no side airbags were available.)
Two tests of the Verona were conducted, one a 2005 model equipped with standard side airbags, and one a 2004 model without side airbags. These vehicles are rated separately, except that the structural ratings and rear passenger head protection ratings for both vehicles are based on both tests.
Driver — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a fracture of the pelvis would be likely in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Rear passenger — Measures taken from the dummy indicate that a left femur fracture would be possible in a crash of this severity. The risk of significant injuries to other body regions is low.
Driver — The dummy's head was protected from being hit by any hard structures, including the intruding barrier, by a side airbag that deployed from the seat.
Rear passenger — In tests of both the 2005 and 2004 models, the dummy's head was hit by the window frame and window sill of the rear passenger door. These hits did not produce high head injury measures. However, hitting the window areas should be prevented.
Left to right:
- View of the vehicle and barrier just after the crash test.
- View of the vehicle after the crash with doors removed, showing the side airbag and damage to the occupant compartment.
- Action shot taken during the side impact crash test showing the driver dummy's head was protected from being hit by hard structures by the side airbag.
- Smeared greasepaint shows where the rear passenger dummy's head was hit by the window frame and sill of the rear passenger door.
- Side airbags: front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Antilock brakes (optional)
- Daytime running lights
Tested vehicle specifications:
- 2005 Suzuki Verona S
- Class: Midsize moderately priced car
- Weight: 3,347 lbs.
- Side airbags: standard front seat-mounted combination head and torso airbags
- Wheelbase: 106 in.
- Length: 188 in.
- Width: 72 in.
- Engine: 2.5 L 6-cylinder
- EPA ratings: 20 mpg city | 28 mpg highway